Prohibitions On Practices That Waste Potable Water – Statewide Emergency Regulations
• Do not use potable water to irrigate ornamental turf on public street medians
• Do not irrigate outdoors during or within 48 hours following measurable precipitation
• Do not use potable water in decorative water features that do not recirculate water
• Do not use a hose that is not equipped with a shut-off nozzle to wash cars
• Do not allow runoff when irrigating with potable water
• Do not use potable water to wash sidewalks, driveways, and other hardscapes
In addition to the prohibitions against water waste, OMWD encourages the following voluntary conservation practices:
• Irrigate residential and commercial landscape before 8 a.m. and after 6 p.m.
This section shall not apply to the use of a hand‐held hose equipped
with a shut‐off nozzle to water landscaped areas.
• Use a hand‐held hose equipped with a shut‐off nozzle to water landscaped
areas, including trees and shrubs located on residential and commercial
properties that are not irrigated by a landscape irrigation system.
• Irrigate nursery and commercial grower’s products before 10 a.m. and after 6
p.m.. Watering is permitted at any time with a hand‐held hose equipped
with a shut‐off nozzle, or when a drip/micro‐irrigation system/equipment is
used. Irrigation of nursery propagation beds is permitted at any time. Watering of livestock is permitted at any time.
• Repair all water leaks within five (5) days of notification by Olivenhain
Municipal Water District unless other arrangements are made with the