- Water Smart Landscape Makeover Program – Offers in-depth instruction for upgrading turf yards into water-efficient landscapes, including a video series.
- Web-based gardening tool – Search a database of climate-appropriate plants, find design tips, and more.
- Professionally drawn water-efficient landscape design plans in San Diego and Orange County
- National Fire Protection Association’s fire-wise tips
- Xeriscaping: How to Make a Drought-Tolerant Landscape
- Annual California-Friendly Landscape Contest
- California’s Future Sustainable Landscaping – Guidebook published by the California Urban Water Conservation Council
- Qualified Water-Efficient Landscaper Training – Site includes registration instructions for landscape professionals, a schedule of upcoming classes, and information about hiring QWEL-trained landscapers.
- A Growing Passion – KPBS gardening show hosted by local gardening expert, Nan Sterman
- The Water Conservation Garden and San Diego Botanic Garden provide examples and educational opportunities for designing a water-wise landscape.
- California Irrigation Management Information System (CIMIS) – State of California website is frequently updated to provide useful information on weather stations, evapotranspiration, and irrigation.
- RainBird Irrigation Learning Center – Free irrigation system design videos
Saving Water/Water Facts
- Environmental Protection Agency’s savings tips
- Household Water Pressure-Simple Solutions (printable brochure)
- Leak Guidelines for Homeowners (printable brochure)
- Pool – Frequently Asked Questions
- Calculate and compare your water use
- How Much Water Do I Use?
- Save Our Water
- Aquapedia.com (online water encyclopedia from Water Education Foundation)
H2O-What Do You Know?