Water is a precious resource to those of us fortunate enough to live in Southern California. To minimize water use and maximize irrigation efficiency, customers are encouraged to explore the variety of rebate and financing programs offered by Olivenhain Municipal Water District’s wholesalers and institutional partners.
A variety of rebates is available on a first-come, first-serve basis, until funding is exhausted. Rebate amounts may change without notice. Submittal of a reservation request does not guarantee approval or payment. For details, visit socalwatersmart.com or call 888-376-3314. Please note that according to socalwatersmart, rebates may be subject to federal taxes.
MWD Residential Incentives
Incentives are available to OMWD’s residential customers on a variety of products including:
High-Efficiency Clothes Washer (single & multi-family)
Soil Moisture Sensor Systems
Weather-Based Irrigation Controllers
Rotating Nozzles (one-time rebate for site, minimum of 30)
MWD Commercial Incentives
Incentives are also available to OMWD’s commercial customers. For details, view this fact sheet.
- Weather-Based Irrigation Controllers
- Large Rotary Nozzles (minimum of 8 sets)
- Rotating Nozzles for Pop-up Spray Head Retrofits (minimum of 30)
- In-stem Flow Regulators (minimum of 25)
- Soil Moisture Sensor Systems
- Urinals (Zero Water Use and Ultra-low Water Use; 0-0.25 gal/flush)
- High-Efficiency Toilets
- Cooling Tower Conductivity Controllers
- Plumbing Flow Control Valves (minimum of 20)
- Dry Vacuum Pumps (up to 2 HP max)
- Laminar Flow Restrictors (minimum of 10)
- Connectionless Food Steamers
- Air-cooled Ice Machines
- Fitness center toilets and urinals
- Recycled water conversion
More Ways to Save
San Diego Gas and Electric Rebates and Incentive Programs
SDG&E offers residential rebates for energy-saving appliances and devices. There are also incentives for commercial customers.
Property Assessed Clean Energy Financing
The Center for Sustainable Energy has a funding opportunity, the Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) program, which allows property owners to fund energy efficiency, water efficiency, and renewable energy projects with little or no up-front costs. With PACE, residential and commercial property owners can finance up to 100% of their project and pay it back over time as a voluntary property tax assessment through their existing property tax bill.